Spit sightings...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit sightings...
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:58:41 +0000
Hello listers,
  I have seen a couple Spits in the area in the last couple of weeks and
just thought i would toos out some locations to see if anyone on this list
knows anything about them.
  First is a very sad looking square tail.  Orange.  Saw it sitting in front
of one of the local autoshops In Naperville, IL.  Lots of rus in the quarter
panels, and the floor has rusted through.  In fact, part of the floor is
sitting under the car where it stands.  rusty looking Monza exhaust, rust
spots on the hood and deck lid.  Overall, pretty sad shape.

  The other one that i saw a few weeks back is now gone.  It was sitting at
Jim's Body Shop off of Orchard Road, parked behind a large boat.  It's
white, and it looked like another square tail.  Hard top on it as well.  I
wasn't able to get close to it to check out the condition of it, but from
the street, it looked to be in pretty goo shape.

  Does anyone know who these might belong to?

  Also, I have run into another hinderance in getting the Spitfire together!
  I live in the end unit of a townhome unit.  Being the end unit i get my
own driveway rather than having to share it with the rest of the owners, and
my garage ends up being a 2 and a half car garage rather than a regular 2
car.  Anyways, my association just came out with new regulations saying that
no one can do major auto work on association property!!!  So now during the
summer i can no longer work on the car with the garage door open without
getting in trouble!  I can manage most of the work with the garage door
closed, but when it comes to painting, i will have to keep the garage door
open at least a little bit, and the neighbors will surely catch on once they
start getting high from the paint fumes.  However, the first time you just
get a warning and then after that $50.00 and then $100 and so on.  UUgh.  If
it's not one thing its another.
We will see.

Cheers,
  Dave