fuel tank help on 71 Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel tank help on 71 Spitfire
From: "ald1961@juno.com" <ald1961@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:43:55 GMT
All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>
I just added a 71 Spitfire to my stable.  I am use to working on 66 Spitfires
and this one is a little different.  Problem, this car has not run for about 9
years.  On a 66 spitfire I can blow 100 PSI of air into the supply line below
the fuel pump and it will clear the line all the way to the fuel tank.  On a
66 the gas flows from the bottom of the tank.  I can not clear the line on the
71 car the same way....does the fuel pump pull the gas from the bottom of the
tank and out the top? It is almost like there is a check valve to keep me from
blowing air back into the tank.  Is there one?
Thanks for any assistance!
Andy Dobbs
65,66,66,71 Spitfires

===     http://www.vtr.org