Re: Another one bites the dust

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another one bites the dust
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:59:03 -0400
>.....  About a mile from my house, some emergency vehicles passed us going
> the other way, and everyone in my lane pulled over to the side...everyone
> except the guy behind me.  He plowed into me going about 30 MPH while I was
> stopped, crunching the rear end and tucking it under.  Quite a mess,....

>   If his insurance company totals my Spitfire, I'll be in the market for
> another roundtail.  If anyone knows of one for sale around Colorado, let me
> know.

Mike,

If you're in the US, you may have to fight them, but don't
let them off easy. He wronged you!  So they have to fix or
replace your car.

A new rear clip can be grafted to your existing car fairly
easliy.

Hold to you guns!  Do you homework.  What is your car worth?
How much money do you have in it?  What do you have it
insured for?

I had a similar thing happen in 69 to my 67 Spit.  Then I
bought my Morgan.  Again same thing - hit from the rear.
2 cars totaled in 21 days!  And I was stopped at traffic
lights both times.  I learned my lesson - don't stop for
traffic lights. :)

We kept the spit, and took the money, and sold the spit
to someone that wanted to fix it.  I used that money to
buy the Morgan.  The 3rd day the Morgan was on the road,
it was totalled.  I fought the insurance co. over that one.
Ended up getting the car an enough money for me and my
dad to restore the Morgan.  I still have it today some
35 years later.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

John