Re: compression readings....

To: "CARS nass@yahoogroups." <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: compression readings....
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:57:26 -0400
Thanks everyone for your responses.  I hadn't run a wet comp
as it was pretty late. I was just happy the comp numbers were well
over 120.

So this morning I re-ran all my tests, including a full 'wet'
compression test.  (I used 5cc of  MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil)
in each cyl.  No plugs in carb throats NOT opened.

So to repeat...   last nights dry readings were
dry:  1-175    2 -152   3-172    4- 175    5-178    6-198

this mornings readings were
dry:  1-178    2 -160   3-178    4- 180    5-182    6-199
wet: 1- 218   2 - 200  3-220   4 - 220    5-224    6-250

I just checked out the carbs and they are VERY clean inside
with almost no needle wear.  So  I'm about to head out and
pick up a cherry bomb muffler and a few hoses so I plumb in
the spare radiator and fire this puppy up on my home made
stand. Yep... complete with gauges, radiator and etc.

I guess I'll have to take some pics and post 'em   :-)

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com