Re: vopor lock

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: vopor lock
From: "d t gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:31:32 -0500
Well........
    After much tinkering, cussing and just general looking, I think I've got
it! Joe C. is most right...lack of venting. Carbon canister is shot.
    Doug was next. I found after much fiddling that there is/was an air leak
at the choke devise. The threaded part that activates the choke is stripped
causing an air leak.
    I put new condenser and points in and checked/set timing(was off by 4
degrees-2 BTDC) This is what I believe contributed to the vapor lock/over
heat type of symptoms.
        DTG