Banned!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Banned!
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:08:48 -0500
Looks like I have been banned from doing business with thebiton.com.
Seems I have really screwed myself good ("you have just screwed yourself
out of a VERY good source for Spitfire parts. Have fun boy! EOM").  This
is according to Jim Deatsch of thebriton.com.  Best I can figure is that
I upset them terribly by inquiring about a differential for my Spitfire
of which I had seen one mentioned for $75 on the Spit list.  When they
quoted my a price of $100, I asked if they would take $75  based on what
was mentioned on this list.  Wrong question!  Mr. Deatsch's reply was:
"  I am the one who has the differential that you are seeking.  You have
just managed to irritate EVERYONE enough to insure that you'll NOT buy
ANYTHING from me.  Go pay $150 for the differential you need elsewhere.
Jim  http://www.thebriton.com ".  Subsequently, when I tried to reply to
his message to find out what was going on, I found it had been blocked.
Using a secondary address, I inquired as to the possibility of mistaken
identity, and if not, what I had done to deserve this reaction.  No
response.

If Mr. Deatsch does not want my business, that's fine.  However, he has
no right to be this rude to a potential customer.  I see nothing wrong
with making a counter offer to something he is willing to sell.  Anyhow,
I would strongly suggest thinking twice about doing business with these
guys, or at least CYA if you do!

Dale Osterndorf
'76 TR6
'78 Spitfire