Increase compression ratio

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Increase compression ratio
From: Mark.Green@communityhospital.com
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:17:53 -0400
I live in a state where my '72 Spit doesn't need to pass any emissions
testing because it's a pre-1975 model so I was thinking about increasing my
engine's performance. Part of what I want to do during the winter
non-driving months is increase my compression ratio by milling the engine's
cylinder head (along with porting and polishing the head). I have a basic
1300 engine with a single Stromberg and was wondering how much could be
milled off and not cause any problems with the 91 octane gasoline we have
in the USA. I have a local auto machine shop and the owner could easily do
it during the snowy winter months.

Anyone ever had this done and could give some feedback?

Mark Green
1972 Spitfire Mark IV "Murdock"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.