Painted Chrome Bumper

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Painted Chrome Bumper
From: Mark.Green@communityhospital.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:43:05 -0400
I have finally gotten to the part of cosmetically fixing up my recently
bought '72 Spit. One of the tasks is to get the corroded chrome bumpers
back into their shining glory, so I started using a metal polish with
ammonia to break down the outer corrosion. Well when I started on the front
bumper, which I though had an excessive amount of corrosion, I couldn't
even get the dull gray corrosion to come off even after repeated
applications of the metal polish. After closer inspection, I started to
chip away at the "corrosion" and found out that the chrome bumper has been
painted a flat gray color. I can chip and chip away at the paint with a
dull plastic tool and the chrome comes shining through and in very good
condition.

My question is - Can I use some type of paint remover on the painted bumper
to get the paint off faster and easier? And if so, what kind of paint
remover does the list recommend?

Mark
1972 Spitfire Mark IV - "Murdock"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.