Re: help!

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: help!
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@COX.NET>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 11:25:20 -0400
At 09:32 PM 7/3/2004 -0500, Larry Vaughan wrote:

>I don't want to be a crybaby, but what will I have when I complete my
>project. I figured a complete dismantle and rebuild would result in a
>brand new Spitfire....

>If I get this Spitfire running before I die of old age....

>I don't want a historical monument. I want a sharp looking car that runs as
>well as it looks....

>I am more discouraged today than I have ever been.

Larry,

These feelings are not uncommon.  Everyone has disappointing days.  You need
to find another Spit owner in your area so when he drives over to see you,
you get a shot in the arm to help with the down days.  Also try and find a
friend that can help work on the car when you need more than 2 hands.

These feelings and comments have been brought up by many before you.  In
an earlier go round about this subject, many of us tried to put it into
words.
TeriAnn did it the best.  So before I go on, and you quite reading this,
please take a minute and go read her feelings on the subject.  (It brings
a tear to my eyes everytime I read it.)  I've saved it on my Morgan web
site:  http://www.team.net/www/morgan/restoration.html

Restoring a car is NOT a light hearted task, not a quick task, but a task
of pride, patience, and love.  We do it because we can, and want to.
Most of us have some semental attachments to the cars that we restore.
If you don't have that, it makes the job harder.

And again, I think TeriAnn said it all!

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic