Re: rust

To: Larry Vaughan <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: rust
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:11:46 -0400
Given that welding the frame requires that the body be removed from it,
you have already done 90% of the repair work. :-)

In my optinion, welding a frame is easier than welding a body, because
the body metal is so thin, and easy to burn through.

Also check where the "flap" extending from the bottom of the outrigger
overlaps the bottom of the main frame rail.  Water gets trapped
between the flap and the frame rail.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit