What's it worth? *Kinda long...*

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's it worth? *Kinda long...*
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:46:53 -0500
Hello all,

  I have been very busy lately and getting very discouraged this summer with
the Spitfire.  So discouraged that i am to the point of THINKING about getting
rid of it.  I am just hitting a lot of walls right now that i don't have the
know-how, or money to break down.  It has been over two years now since i got
the car.  I have gotten a lot farther in the project than anyone thought i
could with what i was given.  But there comes a time when you have to sit back
and decide where the time and money could be better spent.

  So here is my question to you all.  i have spent a good amount of money on
new parts for this car and i have a lot of extra parts.

Question #1: Should i part out the car and sell parts?  or sell the whole
thing and try to get my money back out of it?

Question #2:  How much should i expect to get out of it?  1968 Spitfire Mk3.
The car runs, rolls, brakes.  New battery, I have floor waiting to be welded
in, as well as new rocker panels, inner sills and inner strengtheners.  All
Moulding is there but not on.  All lights, signals, markers, emblems, etc. are
there but not on (except one headlight that broke in the removal process).
Rebuilt Generator, replaced water pump from one of our very own :), used
header, new stainless steel braided brake lines, new drums & cylinders in the
rear, new brake pads up front, convertible top is in great condition.  Just
put in a new Borg & Beck clutch.

  Now for the things wrong with it.  Needs a repaint, LOTS of TLC, needs
carpet, needs new seats, heater will not work due to it having a 1500 head.
non-original 1500 flywheel & clutch.  Again, the floors are non existant but
have replacements, one spot on the fram that has a hole in it but i have a
replacement part for it, carbs leak gasoline when they want to...

that is all i can think of right now.  Any ideas as to how much i might be
able to get for this?

Thanks to all.

Discouraged Dave
  ~ Sad 1968 Spit Mk3