removing trans...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: removing trans...
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 04:37:39 +0000
Hello all,

  Now that the weather has cleared, i have pulled the spit into the garage
to work on the transmission.  I am replacing the clutch with a Borg & Beck
unit.  So tonight i loosened everything up so that it will be easier to take
off later. I am removing the Transmission from inside the car.   Now here is
my question, do i need to prop something under the back end of the engine
when i remove the trans.?  So that the engine does not twist on the mounts?

Does anyone have any secrets to doing this procedure of taking the trans out
from inside the car?  I am assuming it will be easier with two people?

Thank you in advance,
  Dave
  '68 Spit...in bits again.

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access.
https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/