Forward: Couple 1980 1500 questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Forward: Couple 1980 1500 questions
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:49:32 -0600
For some reason this was sent to me rather than spitfires@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
     Subject: Couple 1980 1500 questions
     Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:41:45 -0400

I've haven't noticed very many of the "light blue" valve covers on late
1500s, most I've seen are either red or a red/orange.  Mine was built
December of 1979 and has a blue on.  Anyone know the dates/or VINs for blue
covers?

Also regarding the "stainless/plastic" windscreen trim.  Mine is original and
the gaps on the top and bottom (in the middle) have grown wider then the 1"
"filler" strips so I'm thinking about replacing all the pieces.  I've seen
all the home made tools and have read up on it.  Question is...is it
necessary to replace the rubber trim too for a really good tight fit, or can
I leave that alone and install the trim directly into it without any
problems?

Thanks for the help

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA