Re: Gulp valve availablity? Maybe....And other bits

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gulp valve availablity? Maybe....And other bits
From: Brian N <brian@beachcitygas.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 18:02:20 -0700
Bobby,

The jpg you sent is precisely the valve installed on my car.

I went to both large yards this week and found zero Spits.  Closest
thing was a stripped late Midget with no 1500 motor. (Oh, and lots of
v12 and 6 cyl jags! Worthless junk, I tell ya').

BUT, there were TONS of Mercedes!  If the car flunks the pretest
tomorrow, I will go back and scour the yards for the part.

Thanks for the tip.

Its like getting Bosch alternators off of Ford Fiesta's that fit alike
and plug alike onto the late Spitfires!  Or is that a lost bit of
trivia?  Lucas alt's blow out with the slightest short anywhere in the
car.  Bosches, well, they are Bosches.  They will last until gasoline is
obsolete.  I made this switch on both of my Spits.  Sweet and easy!
Now, not all Fiestas had these alternators.  Just some of them.  So  you
have to examine the electrical plug connnection.  If it fits, bingo!
Grab it and run out the door!