Re: Didn't take me long... new Spit

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Didn't take me long... new Spit
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 08:17:09 -0700
John,

Those rear bumperettes are very subtle and fit well with the lines of the car.
Considering James' recent experience with being rear-ended by another driver,
he'd be foolish to leave what little protection they afford off his car.  And
I know he's not foolish.  His recent purchase proves it.  ;-)  Excellent
taste, young man, excellent taste!

As for me, I was never more happy that I had those little bumpers than the
time an errant woman packed out of her parking space at the grocery store and
smacked into the back of my Spitfire with her minivan.  I happened to be
sitting in the car at the time...  Amazingly, the bumper protected the rear
corner as designed.  The plastic lenses weren't even cracked.  That sold me.

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net