Re: Seat Upholstery

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Upholstery
From: kmdalton@AircraftBraking.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:06:01 -0400
Fred wrote,

"I'm getting ready to recover the seats and have a big problem.

No where can I find a kit to cover the type of seats I have.  Not Rimmer,
Moss, TRF, Vic British.

They are the 'tombstone' type headrest integrated into the seat back,....

Anyone have any ideas on foam or vinyl kits for these seats?"

Hello Fred,

I do not know where you are located but the seats you describe sound just
like the ones I have in my 70 GT6+.  I found covers listed for these seats
at SpitBits (California).  The seat cover kit was part number SC1537A while
the foam kit was SF127.  I have not purchased these so I can not vouch for
them.  I am currently waiting on my Spitfire seats (73) to come back from
the upholstery shop as it was cheaper to let them buy the material and do
them than it was to just buy the material myself.  I would then have to do
all of the upholstery work on top of it.  The Spit seats will not be
original as I am having fabric put in the center with vinyl on the edges.
Hope to be a little more comfortable.  You can find Spitbits at
http://www.spitbits.com/

Good Luck

Kevin Dalton