68 GT6 Mk 1 bonnet opening

To: Spitfires <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 68 GT6 Mk 1 bonnet opening
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 12:48:01 -0500
Hi,

I have finally started work on my 68 GT6.  I have started removing items
from the wngine in prepartion for pulling and rebuilding the engine.  I
was surprised at restricted the opening of bonnet on the GT6 is.  On my
80 Spitfire (and 70 GT6+ that I had started working on before giving it
away )  the bonnet would open enough that I culd sit on the fron tire
and work on the engine.  Not so with the Mk 1.

I assume it is due to the different bonnet and hinge locations, but I
want to check is it normal? Do I have a bent hood prop or  something
more sinister.

Roger Elliott