Hole Location for O/D Tranny Support

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Hole Location for O/D Tranny Support
From: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 08:52:22 -0400
Good Morning,

For all those who responded to my O/D oil seal question, many thanks!
It appears that the cupped 'C' side faces the tranny, making the flat
side face the engine.  Yes Triumph made two types, with and without an
oil seal.

I think this may be my last question regarding my installation of my O/D
tranny.  Since my 78 Spit originally had the four speed tranny it had
the rear support bracket with the rubber mounts.  The O/D is very
different, plus the end bracket is about 3+ inches further back than the
four speed bracket.  Now my question.  Once I get the O/D tranny
re-installed in the car, are there any tricks to correctly locating the
new holes I expect I'll have to drill to secure the tranny's rear
bracket to the car's frame plate?   I thought of measuring but that
seemed to be too inaccurate. Is there an different plate that bolts to
the frame for the O/D tranny versus the non-O/D tranny?   Can I in fact
re-use the existing plate and just drill new holes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx - mike chmura

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mchmura.vcf]