Re: Crash Photos - additional bracing information

To: Larry Vaughan <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: Crash Photos - additional bracing information
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 20:07:55 +0100
Its a 77 - at least I think it is.... it was made from 2 cars.... its
registered as a 77.... but parts could be from another year ... so I
cant say for sure what bit is which...

Talking of bracing - in the courier this (or last) month there was an
interesting article about the torsional strength of the Spitfire frame.
Someone did a big test on the frame... to see how it could be improved
and where the weak points are.

It suggested welding a section to accross the frame - I think it was
approximatly where the gearbox is. If anyone wants me to scan this
information I will. It was a very interesting article - and could help
anybody out who is currently redoing their frame.

James