Beating the (Charging) System

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beating the (Charging) System
From: "R.D. Waid" <waids@usfamily.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:56:26 -0500
A couple of days ago I posted a note about my temp. gauge not working.
It turns out that at least part of the problem is that my alternator was
dying. I was going to order from one of the Big Three, but then I tried
the AutoZone website. They listed a 34amp "Duralast Import Alternator"
for $66.99. Since the best price from  the usual sources was about $100,
I took a chance on one. It turns out to be a rebuilt (in the UK) Lucas
ACR with a lifetime warranty! Since I picked it up at the store
(overnight delivery special order) I didn't pay shipping either. Every
dog DOES get a day, eventually!

Bob Waid
71 Mark IV FK4081L