Playing with a drum

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Playing with a drum
From: Leon <markiiibuy@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:58:01 -0700 (PDT)
After all four RR studs broke at once on the GT6 slidemobile, I got to
wondering why those brass washers are between the rear axle flange and the
brake drum. They didn't look stock and aren't in any of the three manuals I
have. I left them off and now I have an idea. The drum doesn't nestle down to
the flange, it kind of rocks in place.  I'm thinking maybe my drum isn't for a
GT6.  Does anyone have the correct part number for the drum for a 73 GT6, 9",
self adjusting brakes? Thanks for the advice on the nut splitter, the stud is
free now. Leon GT676 Spit