CD150 carbs

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: CD150 carbs
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:02:45 -0400
As it turns out I have only figured out part of the carburetor problems.  I
fixed the fuel pouring out of the throat problem.  I do have an update on
that.  Just polishing the float lever is not good enough.  I filed the lever
depression out and re-buffed it to a mirror finish.  I also noticed that the
new needle valve had a sharp stub on the top of the needle where it slides
against the float lever. Probably a manufacturing remnant.  Needless to say,
that is now buffed out and the float exactly on 17 mm.

The new problem is that I can get a good idle, but lean running after that.  I
have the bypass valve at it's most insensitive position and the fine idle
screw is two turns out.  With that said, I can pretty much do anything with
the main jet needle adjustment and nothing changes.

I am thinking that it is a main jet problem.  I pressed the main jet out of a
parts carburetor and it was not hard to do at all.  Does anyone know if the
main jet is available from any source?

Any other suggestions?  The timing is 10 degrees, Valve adjustment done, and
the car runs perfectly with an old 71 carb from the car I am rebuilding.