Re: Lubrication chart

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <Peter.Bona@vodafone.com>,
Subject: Re: Lubrication chart
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:16:10 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: <JohnZissler@aol.com>
To: <Peter.Bona@vodafone.com>; <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 9:58 AM

> Hi Peter, I can only go on the expertise of the Listers on here and the
> majority say clean out old grease and replace with oil. Any takers on this
> one ? And while we are on the subject would it be ok to use an airline (No,
> not Quantas JK !!!!!)  to force out the old grease ?

To remove grease simply pump in fresh EP90 gear oil. If the grease is old and
hardened then repeat the process after maybe a couple of hundred miles. This
will give the fresh oil a chance to work through and soften the remaining
grease so that it comes out more readily when more oil is pumped through,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics