Cooling System

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling System
From: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:24:29 -0800
Prior to the engine going bust, I was watching the temp gauge very closely.
I'm using a mixture of water and Zerex Racing Super Coolant. This stuff
works well. You use it in a 10:1 proportion, 10 parts water to one part RSC.
Here's some info;

http://www.valvoline-technology.com/data/valv/prodinfo.nsf/064d8b901e00e75f8
5256b140058985e/85256ae300727d2b85256bf300726f86/$FILE/Zerex%20Racing%20Supe
r%20Coolant.pdf

or just do a Google search for Zerex Racing Super Coolant.

We had a warm spell here for the last few days, with the temperature pushing
90 F. Normally, the temp gauge would run at the 3/4 mark in this weather,
with RSC the gauge never got past the 1/4 mark. Very happy with the result.
The stuff is far superior to water wetter, IMO. I never had any luck with
ww.

The downside, there's always a downside, RSC and water are only good to 32
F, 0 C. But, if you're like me and only use the Spitfire for fun, or live
where it never gets below freezing, check this stuff out. Another downside,
you buy it directly from Zerex, a case of 6 quart bottles. Now, a Spitfire
will use 1/2 a bottle, so if you change every 2 years you're good for 24
years !!  :-)  You might want to share ...

NFI, call Zerex at 1-800-832-6825, about $60 a case delivered (in the US)

Ken C