How i remove U joints I do it a lot

Subject: How i remove U joints I do it a lot
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:44:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone here is the Easiest and fastest way i know
to remove a ujoint.

1. Remove all the circlip
2. Spray the cups the u joint good with liquid wrench
3. wait a day for the liquid wrench to do its magic
4. find a good Bench Vise (or a GOOD C clamp
5. find a GOOD or Cheap socket that you are not to
worried about that is big enough for the cups of the u
joint to fit into.
6 Also find a socket that is slightly smaller than the
cups.
7. now put the sockets on each side of the yoke and
place the whole thing in the vise and start turning
it.
what should happen is 1 side gets pressed into the
yoke further and the other side gets pressed into the
socket and out of the yoke. (DO NOT PRESS THE CUP THAT
IS BEING PRESSED INTO THE YOKE ALL THE WAY THROUGH
THAT IS BAD)
8. after 7 is accomplished then you take a pair of
vise grips and forcefully remove the cup that is now
sticking out of the yoke.
9. now you should have one cup that is in your hand
and one that is pressed into the yoke.
10. ok to get the other cup out find some thing that
will fit over tha center part of the ujoint press the
other cup into the big socket with the vise and remove
that cup and now you should be able to just sile the u
joint out of the yoke

PS. any Question as to how this is done just send me
and Christine and Email.

Oh yah i dont advice pounding on the rear wheel drive
axles i bent a yoke on one and started driving and it
busted up the u joint cups and i ended up in a 360
spin into the guaed rail with my first spit that i
rebuilt which is now christine that some A**H***
pulled out in front of me without insurance....