Another "new" GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another "new" GT6
From: Dave <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:52:03 -0700
Another Triumph just followed me home.  That makes 3, one of which
actually runs.  This one is a GT6 Mk3, built January 1973 according
to the commission plate.  Originally Sienna Brown, now sort of a
faded gunmetal grey.  Battery box is rusted out, passenger side
floor filled with rusty muck that used to be the carpet, but I
couldn't see light through the floor so it may be OK.  Sills looked
OK and it doesn't seem to be sagging in the middle.

Commission number KF21857, body 22110KF (close enough), and engine
number is KD53420E.  The commission number is right for a 1973 US
car, but the engine number doesn't look right to me.  A 1973 swing
spring car should have had the low compression smogged engine.  Can
anybody out there cross reference that engine number and tell me what
it is out of?  I am guessing it's a GT6 Plus.  At least I hope it is.

Thanks in advance.
Dave