clutch adjustment

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: clutch adjustment
From: "D T Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:04:56 -0500
Spitlisters,
    I just got done with my clutch replacement along with all the seals that
could be gotten to with I was in there. Everything went back together
smoothly but on the ensuing test run (yea Howard it was neaer 50 here in
northern IN *yesterday*...today, well thats a different story!!!)I'm getting
a grinding/klunk when I try for reverse or first but not in any other gear.
    Is my assuption correct that any ajustment must come with the position
of the slave cyl.? By pushing it towards the engine I should get more clutch
release.
    I did replace all component of the clutch and I didn't have these
problems before. It wasn't that bad of a job but when I put it back together
I did everything as correct as possible including new bolts,nuts,seals and
anything else I could clean or replace.
        Thanks
            Dave Gebhard