Nice Day

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Nice Day
From: "Spitfire Pat" <spitfirepat@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:42:00 +0000
OK, Ill come clean right at the start of the message, it wasnt a Spitfire,
or a Triumph, not even a classic of any description but earlier today I did
get the chance to drive around in a small convertible.  Perfect weather in
my bit of the UK today  blue sky with the occasional fluffy cloud, 55F air
temp and dry roads.  As a project at work we have a Peugeot 206CC (small
French car with a folding metal roof and a willing 2 litre engine) in for
evaluation.  I took it out for a blast in a 30 mile circuit around Windsor
Castle where there is a good combination of road types.  Put a big smile on
my face  it was my first top down motoring for over 12 months!  Its made
me determined to sort out the remaining bodywork on my Spit to get it back
on the road.

I'm envious of all you people with working cars!

Pat
(Spit 2000 with sorted engine and chassis awaiting TLC to body tub)