A cool visit - little lbc

Subject: A cool visit - little lbc
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:36:44 -0500
Hi all,

About 3 weeks ago I was in the Phoenix area on business and I luckily stayed
an extra night before returning to the Great White North.  The extra night
was for 3 reasons, long hard week and needed to recoup thoughts before
flying back, didn't want to go back, and had a chance to visit a good friend
to these lists.

On the Wednesday evening, I headed out of Phoenix and down the I10 to
Tucson, really fast :-D.  Just south of Tucson I pulled into the driveway of
Joe Curry.  Yes, the father of "Tiny Tim", which I would now consider the
understatement of the day.  He started that beast up and I got shivers from
the power it exuded from the S2000 motor.

We chatted for 3-4 hours before I had to head back, in that time he showed
me his garage, I now realize if you own more than one LBC then there is a
good chance you have enough spares for almost a third car!  Joe, my garage
has exactly the same :-)We chatted about trucks, Triumphs, Spitfires and
general car stories.  I have known this man on the lists for a couple of
years and I can say he is even nicer in person and it was a blast to spend
this time visiting.  I now have a face to put to a name :-D

If anyone travels and can do it, try and post your travel plans and see if
you can visit with local LBC car-nuts.  Sure makes the traveling a little
less boring.  I would to like to publicly thank Joe for his hospitality.

Back in the Great White North

David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a
'74 Triumph Spitfire