Re: Speedo cable / smiths box (% used)

To: Robert.Haigney@anixter.com
Subject: Re: Speedo cable / smiths box (% used)
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:43:10 -0700
Robert sounds like the service indicator. Mounted right next to the PDWA
brake unit on a bracket with the same bolt I remember. Should also be a
couple of wires ( maybe just one) that go ( eventually) to the service
light on the dash. Supposed to light up when it's done so many miles.
I've seen details in the manuals but ignored as I don't have it..

Most people have removed (or a PO has like on mine - bracket, no unit)
and have a straight cable from tranny to speedo as they were apparently
cause of numerous problems.

Alan