RE: Weather

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weather
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:38:49 -0700
Some of us want the snow. We are way under snow pack here in the west (we need
it for water in the summer) so stop hogging it on the east coast. It's so back
the local ski resort stooped night skiiing and shut  on Mondays and Tuesdays.

I will admit to going skiing Friday morning (did have 3" new snow and I thought
it might be a last chance) and then out in afternoon the Spitfire with the top
down in 50 F weather. Got all my fuel problems solved at long last.
After installing the new fuel pump it ran great one weekend, but the next
weekend it ran really bad and I parked back in the garage. It then dumped on
the floor. The whole carbon canister had got filled, pressure built up and I
thought the bottom hose had gone at first, but I checked and it was gas. It was
even coming out the filters. That's when I found a stuck float valve.
Man, what a mess.

Alan