Re: Re-Veneering dash boards

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Subject: Re: Re-Veneering dash boards
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:09:23 -0500
If you use a seringe, with yellow glue in it , squirt the glue under the
crack and use the iron to set it.  Cut patches with similar grain to the
broken pieces and do it the same.  I can usually find a grain match that you
can not tell where the patch begins.

Flamwood is a bran name product that I found at local paint suppliers.  It
is the actual wood fiber with an adhesive that will accept stain.  Any
natural fiber filler should work the same way.

Once you have used tung nut oil, you will use nothing else.  Cleans up even
if you spill or leave water on it.

Hope this helps.