Re: Spitfire Brake Master

To: <sinclair@degenkolb.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Brake Master
From: "Bob Boehmer" <bob.boehmer@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:24:26 -0500
I rebuilt mine last summer. There are rubber seals that the reservoir seats
in. Possibly those are bad or some other seal/seals in the MC. It was an
easy re-build to do - I would recommend trying it yourself.

After I rebuilt mine the reservoir seals leaked for a day or less (I guess
they just had to get some fluid on them to loosen them up??) but they sealed
up right after that and haven't leaked a drop since.

What you describe sounds like the PDWA. Yes, there should be a connection to
a warning light.

I don't think that the Mk3 had the dual reservoir but I could be wrong. And
I'm not sure what model you have. Maybe someone replaced the original with
the  newer version and there was nothing to connect the PDWA to?

Bob