Re: Zenith Stromberg - ZS - SU -?

To: "Roger Elliott" <elliottr@rmi.net>,
Subject: Re: Zenith Stromberg - ZS - SU -?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:49:30 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>

> Dave Willner wrote:
>
> >"little M" = Michelotti
> >
> I know I have heard Michelotti, but I have also read that it stood for
> Merlin the company that made the latches.  I don't know if a definitive
> answer was arrived at, the  last time this came up for discussion.

I don't know where this talk of "Merlin" came from, though I too have heard it
before. The Patent on the bonnet catch is number GB854540 and was applied for
by Bloxwich Lock and Stamping, who I believe are the only company to have
manufactured this component (in the UK at least) throughout production.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics