Re: TR rubber seals question

To: firespiter@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: TR rubber seals question
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:14:56 -0500 (EST)
If you do decide to use silicone, wash and flush the system with
denatured alcohol (methylated spirits), dry thoroughly with
[preferably] dry nitrogen, or [as I did] vacuuming from the wheel
cylinders/calipers.  Pour the fluid along a clean piece of tubing set
touching the bottom of the reservoir and the lip of the bottle.  This
will prevent tiny air bubbles getting entrained, which is the bane of
silicone fluids (they just don't coalesce and are not buoyant enough
while small to rise from the system -- bleeding doesn't help unless
the reservoir has airless fluid as well.)

HTH,
Donald.