RE: Procedure to remove and replace Viscous Coupled fan

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Bobby Bloyed"
Subject: RE: Procedure to remove and replace Viscous Coupled fan
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:38:44 -0700
Bobby, I have done without removing the radiator, just enough room to do it,
but  you'll still need to drain the system though.

1. Drain cooling sytem
2. Unbolt the fan from the viscous clutch and remove fan (4 nuts/bolts/washers)
3. Unbolt water pump housing and remove with viscous clutch attached (3? bolts)
4. Drive the pump shaft out of the centre of the clutch (I used a spare socket
of the right size)
5. Remove metal clip from around pump shaft
6. Assmbly is opposite instructions.  You will need a new pump gasket. You may
or may not need a new clip.

I think that's it. Did this a couple of years ago on my '76 as it had a bad
clutch.

Have a Happy New year.

Alan