1935 Triumph Southern Cross

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires
Subject: 1935 Triumph Southern Cross
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:51:56 +0200
Greetings list
Good news . The 12 months negotiations have been finalised . Won't have any
pre - war American cars ( or parts ... or books etc ) in my stable any more
, but a 1935 Triumph Southern Cross ( six cylinder ) restoration project .
Should have it by April / May 2003 if all goes well . Can't wait ! Fingers
and toes crossed at this stage .
Time to look for parts I guess . I know I'll be in need of the following pre
- war ( 1930 - 1939 ) British / Triumph parts as listed below :
*       4 spoke steering wheel . Both a Brooklands style steering wheel (
with 4 sets of 1/8" wires extending radially from the center ) and a flat 4
metal spoke style wheel , was originally used on the Triumph models . ( Same
as those used on most British cars of the 1930's and 1940's , i.e. Riley ,
MG , Jaguar , Rover , Morris etc. ) .
*       Instruments / gauges . Jeager for the main ones ( 5" speedometer and
5" tachometer / rev counter ) and Smiths for the 2 smaller ones ( 3" dual
gauge for oil pressure / amperage and 3" dual gauge for temperature / fuel )
. Two small dash mounted gauges indicated the front and rear pressure for
the Luvax shock absorbers , which could be adjusted from a knob between the
seats . I don't know who made these gauges or what diameter they are
supposed to be . ( I believe most of it should be the same as what was used
on most British cars of the 1930's and 1940's , i.e. Riley , MG , Jaguar ,
Rover , Morris etc. ) .
*       Lucas P90 or similar headlights and rear lights .( Same as those
used on most British cars of the 1930's and 1940's ) .
*       Southern Cross / Gloria / Vitesse badges , radiator cap ornament /
mascot , and any chrome trim etc.
*       Any electrical switches , windscreen wiper motor , chromed horns /
hooters etc. ( Same as those used on most British cars of the 1930's and
1940's ) .
*       Triumph / Coventry Climax six cylinder engine rebuild information .
*       Southern Cross / Gloria / Vitesse workshop manual and owner's manual
.
Any assistance or information would really be highly appreciated .
Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a prosperous 2003 .
Chris de Wet . PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

"This e-mail is sent in terms of the following policy/disclaimer. Click on
this link http://www.sapo.co.za/mail_disclaimer.htm to read full
disclaimer."