Re: Good battery choice?

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>,
Subject: Re: Good battery choice?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:53:34 -0500
I know for a fact that Sears has the wrong battery listed in their computer.

I have had a WalMart "EverStart" battery for about 2.5 years, and it has
fit and worked just fine.  And it was only $39.95!

I got it based on a recommendation form Consumer Reports.

It is about 7"x7"x9" in size, and it has top terminals and size terminals
(which are out of sight facing rearward when installed in the Spit).
I do not see any size code on it, but it has a part number: DT-3.

Given that a Spit has a small engine, and you are unlikely to want to
start it in sub-zero temperatures, I see no reason
to spend lots of money for a super-premium battery.

Doug Braun