Re: Alternative Alternators (UK) x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternative Alternators (UK) x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Robert J Finnis <r.finnis@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 13:06:17 +0000
James,

Lucas A127 alternator is a straight swap apparently.  Used in the
eighties/nineties Rovers/Austins.  Metro one is rated at 35 amps I think, and
would be about right.  Cannot remember what the Spit one is rated at, but it's
about that.  Connector should be the same.  Theses alternators are available
in various ratings (Rover 214 has a 65 amp one)

Do a web search for a127 and you should find some more info.  I haven't done
this on mine yet - I was waiting for the alternator to fail first.  I think
some have different threads (may be metric), so be careful.

Hope this gives you a starting point.

Robert