brake line

To: "spitfire maillist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake line
From: "Jack" <jkagy@bpsom.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:41:55 -0500
I'm having trouble getting a new line to replace the one on the R rear wheel.
I broke it off while pressing the trunnion bushing in a few weeks ago.
Learned a lesson, remove the brake line before messing w/ the rest of it.
Didn't think I would have such a difficult time replacing it.  Local CarQuest
and Autozone people talk about "double flares" or "Bubble Flares" so even if I
can get a piece of pipe and reuse the fittings on each end, I'm not sure I
have the tools or ability to complete the job.  This is the little length of
pipe that connects to the brake hose on one end and the back of the plate on
the other end. Anybody have any suggestions or words of encouragement?
JAK