Re: Quids to Cocos = 1.56

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quids to Cocos = 1.56
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:50:53 +0000
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, at around 07:33:50 local time, Javier Vidaurre Ch.
<vidaurre@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>Hello Michael,
>
>I had to ask ;-)  Well now I will never be stumped by
>the currency references in all the UK shows and movies
>I enjoy.  I will be able to convert to US$ easily.
>
>All is safely stored on my hard drive for future
>reference.
>
>Here in Peru we have the Nuevo Sol (S/.3.62 =
>US$1.00).
>The US$ is used for any monetary transaction here.
>
>Luca = 1 sol
>
>Lucas = soles (plural for sol)
>Does this count for the obligatory LBC content?
>
>Mango = 1 sol
>
>Coco = US$1.00

Interesting.   I understand the US dollar is also known as another type
of fruit - a "banana" - in some quarters.

Of course, we have yet to address the slang terms for multiples of
pounds - I can never remember whether a "pony" or a "monkey" is GBP25 or
GBP50, so I will leave this minefield for others to report on...

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671