Forward: Re: Diff Differences

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Forward: Re: Diff Differences
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:37:27 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than @autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Bob Van-Kempen" <bobvankempen@optusnet.com.au>
     Subject: Re: Diff Differences
     Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 18:14:47 +1000

Henry

Don't' know if this helps, but I recently changed my 4.11 diff for a 3.89.
When I got my speedometer re-calibrated, the technician said my odometer was
reading 27% low ie: it would indicate less miles than actually travelled, so
you might be able to do some math and recalculate the other way.  By the
way, it was quite cheap to re-calibrate the speedometer, and it only took 30
minutes. The expensive bit was going to be re-calibrating the odometer
(because it needed a different gadget inside to cater for the 3.89 ratio.

Regards

Bob Van-Kempen
1963 Spitfire 4 "Genevieve"