Re: Ebay excess

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay excess
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:51:50 -0800
Not to start debate or flames....but I wouldn't put cross drilled rotors on
any car I own.  The Holes are known to be crack propagation areas and are
outlawed by most racing sanctioning bodies.  yes they are standard equipment
on may new sports cars, but look at rotor thickness.  If you feel you are
doing enough spirited driving to warrant a change in the rotor, look at
upgrading pads, painting the pistons to reflect heat and making some brake
ducts for cooling.  With the cross drilled/slotted you'll only wear pads twice
as fast and they won't cool any faster.

Aaron Johnson
'72 Spit MkIV F-prod SCCA car, solid rotors...plenty of brakes to slow from
100+ every lap for 25 minutes