Re: 1965 Vitesse 2 litre Convertible

To: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1965 Vitesse 2 litre Convertible
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:22:33 +0100
Gents
May I suggest before attempting to set a value on this car, someone
determines whether it's a 1965 model or a two litre.
In 1965, the Vitesse (Sports Six in the US) was a 1600cc six pot
engine. The two litre version did not appear in the UK until 66 (or
67?) and I don't think was sold in the US anyway. Possible that some
have since snuck in with private buyers.
So is it a 1965 model or a 2 litre? It can't be both. Once that's
establised, putting a value to it will be easier.

Jonmac