RE: Distributor wiring

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor wiring
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:37:24 -0700
Barry, I believe that the current ballast resistor on the car should be OK in
lieu of the wire as on the later ones like mine.  You should not need to touch
anything there.

Sounds like you want to use drive resistor ?  Most of the Lucas units were
replaced at some time with Crane (Allison) or otherwise or in my case
Pertronix. Personally I would try to get a Crane or a Pertronix or other more
modern ignition system.

If you really want to use the Lucas stuff, I do have the old drive resistor of
my '76 somewhere I can look at for you ( maybe even be persuaded to part with,
as it's of no use to me) but I still think you would be better off with a
modern system less prone to problems.

Alan