upgraded lug nuts

Subject: upgraded lug nuts
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:14:06 -0700
After a recent trip to napa and carquest to upgrade the lugnuts on the
race car.  I've found the following information.  The number referenced
earlier (balkamp 641-1063) is obsolete and no replacement is being made.
What I did find was an upgrade to 1/2"-20 UNF threads, I'm no sure if
this works for stock wheels but it works with my race wheels.  Napa had
something that would almost work but the shoulder was too long, so over
to Carquest, they have one that works pretty well.  Number is 610-258
(same knurl but lenght is about 1/2" longer) and their stock of lug nuts
is excellent, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a lug nut to work
with every type of wheel.  I was surprised to find they had .680"
diameter sleeved .400" long lugs for my AR wheels.

Aaron Johnson
'72 TR6
'72 Spitfire Mk IV F-Production SCCA race car