Re: Cork gaskets for speedo

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cork gaskets for speedo
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:39:23 -0400
JohnZissler@aol.com wrote:
> Hi listers, I wonder if anyone would point me in the right direction to
find
> those elusive round cork sealing gaskets that fit between the outer rim
and
> the glass in the speedo (or Tacho) presumably to stop it rattling. I need
> make good the Speedo, Tacho, temp gauge and fuel gauge. Or is there
another
> method of sorting this out instead of using cork.
John, were these cork? or rubber? I thought they were a rubber material. I
noticed in the parts tent at TRF's Summer Party that they had a bin of
rubber O-rings for the tach/speedo and another bin of rings for the smaller
gauges. I picked up two sets since this is the first time I have actually
seen them at a retailer or in a catalogue. HTH.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /