Re: '70 seats

To: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '70 seats
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:22:52 -0400
John & Tracy Knox wrote:
> I have a '70 and I do believe the seats to be original.  They are the
correct
> color (blue) for the rest of the car.  They are high back seats with the
> headrest integrated into the rest of the seat.  Mine have a rubber
diaphram in
> the bottom.  I don't think these seats have ever been rebuilt.

The seats that I originally acquired thinking they were 70 Mk3 as well as
what I believe to be the correct 70 Mk3 are both the integrated headrest and
the frames are similar. The seat pattern is very like the later MkIV or 1500
with the sliding head rest. The seat pattern on what I believe to be the
correct seat was more along the design of the TR6 (in pattern only) only
thinner and smaller.

As I said in my earlier post, the one I think is the correct one had straps
on the seat bottom as well as the seat back. The kit I received for a 70 Mk3
also had the straps for the seat bottom and back, so I am not basing it
solely on what the supplier sent. That was only the flag that got me
started.

Remember also, as was stated in the earlier post, many items on the 70 Mk3
were more like the MkIV rather than the earlier Mk3's. Mine was a January of
1970 I believe. It certainly is possible that farther along in the run, they
used the seat that continued on into the MkIV. Just some possibilities to
ponder anyway.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /