Re: MOT Results & New Boots... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: MOT Results & New Boots... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:29:06 -0600
I agree with Michael, as when I got my car (with flat tyres) I also
opted for the standard size inexpensive replacements.

Basically I looked for softer tyres so that they would hopefully grip
better and not last longer than the car. They tried to sell me 60,000
mile tyres. It was not even at that point on the odometer when I got the
car! Also I hoped not to add any extra effort to the steering so that
when my wife drove she would not complain of it being heavy as she is
used to a all power stuff on her minivan. They did have some really
cheap deals but they looked like crossply tread even although they were
radials and I avoided them.

Alan