Re: Cooling Question

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, <BrYarboro@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Cooling Question
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:54:28 -0700
At 08:48 AM 5/31/02 -0700, Jeff McNeal wrote:
>Brian,
>
>According to John Thomason's book on originality, "after FD 48,653 cooling
>efficiency was improved when a new radiator and cap were fitted, which
>operated at 13lb/in pressure compared to the earlier 7lb/in..."
>
>If your radiator is original, with the extension panels fitted to the sides,
>you need a 7 lb cap, NOT a 6lb or 13 lb cap.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Take care,
>
>Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

Looks like Jeff's got me on that one!  Assuming the orignal engine and
radiator are still in place, then a lower pressure cap is needed.

Still, if you have an excessive amount of leakage showing up by using a
higher pressure cap, that would tend to indicate more serious problems
waiting to happen.

-Vegaman Dan
(There's a reason I'm called Vegaman and not Spitfireman!)